EVENT DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
The Casino Night, a fun fundraising event
Thursday, October 5, 2017
6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Springhill Suites, Oceanside
110 Myers St., Oceanside, CA 92054
$75 pp; $125 per pair*
- Admission to the event
- $100 in chips (no cash value, of course)
- Play single-deck blackjack, craps and/or roulette
- Participate in the live “chip auction”
(Build up your chip stack and use them to bid in our live auction!)
- Bid in our silent auction for amazing prizes
- Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar
- Mix and mingle with music by DJ Mandy Mixes
- Meet some furry friends from our non-profit beneficiary, Forgotten Paws
- Most importantly, your participation in and support of this event will help save local dogs from being euthanized or sold to be rendered into processed dog food as well as to help cover expenses of foster care until the fur babies are adopted and placed into their “fur-ever” homes.
*A pair is ANY two people registering together. Couples, friends, buddies, etc.
- On-site is valet: $15 per day/$26 overnight (no self-parking)
- Metered Street Parking: $1 per hour, don’t forget your coins!
- FREE Parking Garage: Oceanside Transit Station about 3 blocks away (195 S. Tremont St.)
- There are other (fee-based) parking lots/garages in the area as well.
Casino classy, but not black tie.
Hors d’oeuvres will be served – Enjoy!
Fully stocked CASH bar – Drink up!
When you arrive (doors open at 5:30), you will receive a $100 chip voucher. You will take this voucher to any one of the gaming tables to trade it in for chips. If you run out of chips or just want more, you can purchase another $100 chip voucher from one of our event team members for $5. (Dealers do NOT have vouchers.) Although we can take credit cards for chip vouchers, please bring cash. Play and build up your chip stack to use in our live chip auction at the end of the evening. (See below for Chip Auction details)
You’ll have a blast playing single-deck blackjack, craps and/or roulette!
Don’t know how to play? No worries! Our expert dealers can help you learn!
OR you can get an overview on our “how to play” page.
This event is a fundraiser to benefit Forgotten Paws Animal Rescue based in San Marcos, CA. This amazing organization rescues, rehabilitates and rehomes neglected, abandoned or abused animals especially small breeds (mostly Chihuahuas or mislabeled Chihuahuas) to educate people that they aren’t the “stereotyped” yappy, annoying little rascals that they are sadly portrayed as. In truth, Chihuahuas are one of the smartest, most loyal and friendly breeds. However, just like any other dog, they do need discipline, training and socialization.
Your participation in and support of this event will help keep these little fur babies from being euthanized or sold to places that render them into processed dog food AND will help cover expenses for foster care until the fur babies are adopted and placed into their “fur-ever” homes.
Mid-evening, we’ll be bringing in and introducing you to a few adorable, adoptable fur friends! You won’t want to miss this!
Throughout the evening, you will have a chance to bid on amazing silent auction prizes. You can see a list of all silent auction prizes in the event program you will receive when you check in. Bidding sheets will indicate starting bid and bid increments. We will make announcements throughout the evening and will close the silent auction at 8:30 PM. If you placed the winning bid, you’ll be asked to make payment in the form of cash or credit card when claiming your prize. No checks please.
During our “live” chip auction, you’ll have the chance to bid against other guests for fun prizes, but instead of CASH, you’ll bid with the CHIPS you end up with at the end of game play (9 PM)! You be able to see a list of the chip auction prizes and who donated them in your event program. And remember, if you need more chips, you can always purchase a $100 chip voucher for $5!
If you have questions not answered here, please feel free to contact us.
Time Remaining until the Big Night!